Busy Mom Beauty! (Dry Shampoo and Coffee Included)

Photo: Angela Marklew for Genlux Magazine

These days I have been busy. Like, very busy. Between my job as a Freelance Makeup Artist, wife, Mom to two little boys under 4, sister, daughter, housekeeper, cook, and friend, my time is stretched thin. One would think that as a Makeup Artist, I would be looking ***Flawless everyday, but to be honest, taking care of myself is usually down at the bottom of the importance list. But when I take the time (it's not a lot, really!), to do a quick makeup and hair, I have more energy, feel better about myself and accomplish more daily.

 My best friend/hair stylist extraordinaire/business boss/Mom Janine Jarman and I talked about it on the Parlour H Facebook and Instagram Shop Talk today, along with tips on how to get yourself looking fresh with hardly any time at all. Head to the Facebook page to check it out if you missed us live. Also, "Like" Parlour H on Facebook for more live how to videos and beauty talk.
 Scroll down to check out our favorite products for saving time and looking your best! What are your top items for looking great in a flash when you're short on time and oh so tired? Subscribe to my blog for weekly updates and info on my live videos!

Coffee- No explanation necessary, really. Mine does not look like this, only in my dreams.


Refrigerated Used Tea Bags- Make sure you use the caffeinated type, like black or green tea. If you wake up before the alarm goes off, go grab your tea bags and lay them on your eyes while you finish snoozing. Great for taking puffiness away!


NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer- DARK CIRCLES. This has been this biggest change to my skin post kids. I never had them before and now I have to deal with them Fake a few more taps on the snooze button with a dab of my favorite concealer for banishing dark circles, covering light hyper-pigmentation (thanks pregnancy) and brightening the face. Apply in the darkest corner of your eye and pat, pat, pat into the skin. For spot coverage, same rule applies, just a dab and pat in.


Maybelline Fit Me! Smooth and Dewy Foundation- I've spoken my love for this foundation before, but I still love it and it gives a beautiful, natural finish. I just use clean hands and blend in for a quick application.

Kevyn Aucoin The Eyelash Curler-  Hands down the easiest way to perk up a face in just 2 minutes or less. I am constantly surprised by how many women don't curl their eyelashes. They go to great lengths to find the "perfect" mascara, but that's only half the equation. Even if I don't wear mascara, I always curl my lashes. If your lashes are very straight like mine, it tends to bring down your eyes a bit. After curling, I quickly apply the mascara to set the curl. Do one eye at a time for the best, most long lasting curl.


MAC Cosmetics In Extreme Dimension Lash- My current favorite mascara! LOTS of volume and so, so black! Love!


RMS Living Luminizer- This classic creamy highlighter gives your skin a snap in an second and brings your face to life. Warm up a little on the back of your hand and tap onto cheek bones, brow bones, bridge of nose, cupids bow and chin with your fingers for an instant face lift.


Neutrogena Sheer Zinc Dry Touch Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 -  Melasma. You cruel, cruel jerk. You showed up on my face while I was pregnant and you refuse to leave. I refuse to get more sun damage. So, I am a die hard sunscreen user, especially on my face. I also could be mistaken by a friendly ghost and burn, but I've seen the results of sun damage and it's not pretty. I've been using this one daily and I love it. Most zinc based sunscreens look white and chalky, but this one blends into the skin dreamily and smoothly. I get asked often about skincare and this is NUMBER 1 in my book. Sunscreen. Wear it. Every day.



NARS Blush Deep Throat- I use this blush on myself all the time. It's the perfect peachy pink for fair to medium skin tones. For deeper skin tones, I also love Orgasm or Exhibit X by NARS. It gives a very natural flush and can mimic that I am awake on the days I certainly don't feel like it.


Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Whiskey- I don't wear much eyeshadow on a daily basis, usually only a couple days a week if I take the time to put it on. But I wear this pencil everyday, it's such a beautiful rich brown, and it stays put! Like, all day. I apply to the outer 3/4 of my top and bottom lash lines, then blend with my finger or a brush. It gives nice dimension to the eyes, but pretty fool proof.



La Mer The Powder (Loose)- Well, sorry about the price tag on this one, but I am in love with this loose powder. It has a lovely luminosity to it, and sets my makeup for hours, without looking cakey. Definitely a splurge at $95.00 USD, but I only need it once a year, so that makes it affordable, right??? Pro tip, only powder where you need it, most likely the t-zone and over your blush if using a cream blush for setting. That way your skin stays looking natural a luminous.


Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Brow Gel- As long as I have my complexion right, and my brows groomed, I am happy. I think you can look polished as long as you have these two things done. A couple swipes of this tinted gel, and you're set.



Obagi Professional C-Serum 20%- Since we've been talking about hyper-pigmentation, here is an amazing product for lightening those pesky dark spots. It does come with a high price, but it's a tried and tested product and has rave reviews for a reason. This professional strength vitamin c serum lightens and brightens in no time. If you have severe pigmentation that products can't seem to solve, you may want to look into Fraxel or a laser treatment.


SkinCeuticals Micro-Exfoliating Scrub- Exfoliation is KEY for me. I can feel when I need to exfoliate when I wash my face, my skin feels textured and uneven to the touch. So I try to exfoliate once a week. I have very sensitive skin, so I don't do it too often, but some people like to everyday. I love freshly exfoliating then apply my skincare at night. The next morning my foundation glides on and I feel like a new woman.


Gotta run, I hear a baby crying.....

Comments

Popular Posts