Piece of the (Beauty) Pie


In the last few years, the subscription model for the grab bag of monthly beauty products delivered to your door has been increasingly popular. I never really loved any of these, even though I am a beauty junkie, because I always felt most of the picks were lackluster and just started collecting dust in my bathroom. Then something caught my interest. Beauty Pie. What the heck is Beauty Pie? I'll allow them to explain it to you from the website: 
"This one if different. It's not a subscription. It's a membership. What exactly does this membership get you? Well for your $10.00 a month, it allows you direct access to cosmetics made by some of the best cosmetic and skincare labs."

So it's not a random selection of products sent to you monthly. It's a membership fee that allows you access to insanely good products at FACTORY prices. So, I spent a total of $10.00 for my monthly fee and $25.70 this month on three products. I did start at the basic membership, but after adding A LOT of stuff to my cart, it reminded me that I only have a total of $100.00 retail value to spend each month. Which is smart, because that wasn't enough to satiate my appetite, so I'll be buying more next month! Also, the amount you don't spend in the month rolls over to the next month! If you're a beauty addict like me, then you may need to upgrade to the next level, but for now this is probably a good thing I don't spend too much at once. 

They have lovely simple packaging that reminds me of Bobbi Brown, Chanel and Sephora's house brand, rolled into one. The selection of products is pretty extensive so far, and I hear they are expanding into the fragrance world, and making some delicious sounding candles. (From what I took from it, it sounds like the same manufacturer as the ever popular and awesome, Diyptque.)

My only true gripe: The shipping takes quite a while. Two weeks minimum, and my package apparently got lost in the mail, so they did 3 day ship my package to make up for it. 

If you are interested in hearing the back story to this interesting concept, founder Marcia Kilgore was interviewed on the fabulous Fat Mascara podcast. Here's the link if you'd like to listen. 

Check out the video below to see the unpacking and products in action.



The Unbeatable Concealer Spent $3.84, Retails at $26.00

I like this concealer, but it doesn't hit all the marks for me. This is the lightest color, and has quite a bit of yellow, so on my pinky skin didn't work on my skin tone. Luckily, I'm a Makeup Artist, so I can use it in my kit. It has a more sheer coverage than I usually use, but it would be good for someone fair skinned that needs to conceal some redness. 



Futurelipstick Matte in SemiSweet- Spent $2.46, Retails at $25.00

I really love this color and the texture is lovely, but it's a lot more sheer than I am used to in a matte formula. I am interested in trying more shades and finishes though in the line. I will definitely use this in my kit! 








Super Stem Cell Moisture Shot Serum - Spent $7.00 Retails at $78.00

So far, I love this serum. The scent is lovely, not too strong and it feels great on the skin. I'm obviously most interested in seeing what kind of magic it does to my skin, so I will update on what the long term results are like. 







All in all, I am not TOTALLY overwhelmed by the awesomeness of the products yet, but I still am committed for two more months and I am really excited to try more things! 


Comments

Popular Posts